Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dentist.....here we come.....

So today, we had a dentist appointment for all three
of our kids. Ashley and Jordan do just
fine, but Cody........this will be the
third try. The first two times, he has
FREAKED OUT and I have had to
hold him on my lap, and pin his arms down, while
the Dr. "glances" in his mouth. It was
horrible......screaming his head off. So this
time, I prepared him the whole week. I
showed him pictures of a friend at the dentist, and
I have talked and prepped him ALL week, hoping
he would be ready, knowing what's coming. Well.........






He did it!!!! He happily jumped up on the seat.

Put on the "stylin" glasses to watch a movie.

Didn't freak out at all. It was SO nice.
I realize I have to "prep" him for things. He
is not one I can just spring things on.....or he freaks out.

Ashley with a big smile even. They said
her teeth look great!

Jordan did great. Afterwards he said he didn't like
the flavor of toothpaste she used. I asked what it was
and he told me "cookie dough". UGH! Gross......

They love all the games the Dr. has for them to play while
waiting.

Ssince they did so well, that we took them to lunch to
play. They were happy kids......

3 comments:

Abby said...

Ewww- cookie dough? haha.
I need to go to the dentist. I'm afraid I won't have the same results as your kiddos.. It seems I have like 5 cavities! :(
I was thinking just yesterday that you haven't updated in So long and I was missing it. Glad you finally did. (Even though I talked to you on the phone last week.)

Kim said...

That is soooo funny that Cody hated the dentist so much!! My kids have all liked going to the dentist. I guess I should be happy that I haven't had to deal with a phobia of going to the dentist. Anyhow...I am glad that he was soooo good. I wish we had cool pediatric dentists here with cool eye glasses etc!! Our kids just go to the same dentist as Jake and I do. Anyhow...I too am sooooo excited that you updated your blog!! I was feeling out of touch with your family!!!

Tiffany said...

It is totally all about the prep work. We started Logan when he was 1 and he didn't like it one bit. I started calling it the "tooth doctor" and it seemed to help some the next time. This last visit was awesome. Logan actually counted down the days until he got to go...if only I could say the same for Owen. :)