Saturday, April 5, 2008

Soccer for the first time!


Ashley and Jordan both had their first soccer games today. They were so excited. They are on different teams, and they love it. Ashley did really well, she scored the first three goals, and then two more goals out of a total of eleven. She does really well, but does not like me yelling at her from the sidelines. It is so hard for me not to yell. She said, "mom, I can't make goals with you yelling at me". Even though I am just cheering her on, she doesn't like it.

She loves all the girls on her team. They all get a long really well. She is so funny, she is so serious out on the field. She makes a goal, and still doesn't smile. I can't figure her out sometimes. She said she loves playing, so I guess that's all that matters.

Jordan also was very good. This is him throwing the ball in from out of bounds. He, on the other hand, is so different than Ashley. He is out there the whole time with a big smile on his face. He is so cute. He just makes me laugh.

Jordan ended up making five of their fourteen goals, so he did awesome too. Everyone on the team calls him "Big J", it's really cute. You could hear the boys on the sidelines saying, "man, big J is doing really good". It was fun to watch.

Then of course Cody had fun running on the sidelines. Ashley was good about playing with him.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am a little jealous...we were too late to get Madi in this year...we will do fall soccer...aren't your games right by my house...you should come and visit us...let us know when the games are and we will come and watch...

Abby said...

ohh they are so cute! I can totally picture Ashley being all serious on the field and Jordan smiling and laughing. SOOO CUTE! That's awesome they're like the main scorers on their team! The Petersen's ROCK!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Kelsie said...

Hey Anj! I love these soccer pics! It is so funny that Ashley takes it so serious. How does it feel to be a hot soccer mom!?! I don't think you know this, but I look at your blog probably every other day, and it has been almost 3 weeks since a new post, I am going through withdrawals!

-Kelsie