Jordan decided he wanted a Star Wars storm trooper cake. It wasn't too hard and he loved it.
Ashley, on the other hand, wanted a Little Mermaid cake. this was a little harder. Don't look too hard, her face looks a little weird, I know. I think it turned out alright. She was happy with it.
They had to get a picture with mom. :)
So this year for their birthday, we gave them a choice again. We said they could have a little party, or they could invite one friend to go to dinner and an activity of some sort. They both chose going out with friends.
Ashley decided she wanted to bring her friend, Aulina, who is in her class at school. She was a lot of fun. They were really funny together. They both talk a ton.
This is them a Red Robin. They pretty much sat and giggled the whole time.
Jordan brought his friend, Josh, who is actually a year older than him. They get along great and are a lot alike. Both really good boys.
So we figured out that Jordan has had a crush on Aulina, and Ashley has a crush on Josh (it's obvious). So we think they planned this carefully. Last year they wanted to go out with their friends by themselves, and this year, for some reason, they decided to go together. Smart kids think they can pull one over on us. I am having flashes to five years from now. No mom, this isn't a double date, Jordan and I just want to go together. :)
So the choice of activity was bowling. My kids had never been, and have been dying to try it. Ashley just LOVED bowling. She was so excited every time it was her turn. She did pretty good. She had to learn how to roll the ball, and not drop it. Two times, she let go of the ball at the wrong time, and it came rolling backwards at us. It was pretty funny. Nathan and I spent the whole time just laughing at them.
Jordan was hilarious. He wanted to do so good, and he was trying so hard. He would run up all goofy and swing his ball out. He was so funny. He ended up doing the best of all four of them, so he was pretty proud.
So here are the scores. You can't see Aulina's, but she got a 88. They did pretty good.....for bumper bowling.
The group! (sorry blurry)
Cody got to stay with grandma and grandpa. He loves staying with them, and of course they always make it fun for him. They ended up making a fire in their fire pit in the backyard for him. He loved it. Thanks to grandma and grandpa for taking care of Cody while we have our own fun!
6 comments:
Hey stranger how are you!? I got your blog link off of Ang's blog. It is so great to see your cute family and what you are all up to. I have to say, that the summer I was up there was truly one of the BEST summers ever. Thanks so much for making it so great! It was literally life changing in a lot of ways. I can't believe how big your kids are...especially Cody! He was a baby when I last saw him! And by the way, you look GREAT! Way to go! I'd love to hear from you any time. I still laugh at so many things and moments from that summer, and Ashlee to this day still says, "Oh snaps" ala Jordan. :o) Take care and tell Nathan hi for us.
Happy Happy Birthday Ashley and Jordan, dear.
Happy Days will come to you all year.
If I had one wish, then it would be...
A Happy Happy Birthday to you from me!!!
I love you guys and miss you soooo much! I wish I could have been there to wish you happy birthday in person and give your mom a great big hug. Love ya! - Angela
Oh Happy birthday kiddos!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I want to go bowling now!!!
Great job on the cakes Anj!!
That is so awesome- all of it. Nice job on the cakes-- man you are so good. I want to do that for my kiddies someday. You'll have to teach me.
That is hilarious they both have crushes on their friends. They seem too young though-- you better keep your eye on them. haha. THey're so cute.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDOS! LOVE YOU!
Love the cakes! Birthdays are so much fun.
Post a Comment