So a friend of mine went out to Caldwell to get some peaches from an orchard out there. I had her pick some up for me to can. I had the family help me (minus Cody). We did it while he napped. (Just easier that way) So I peeled the peaches, Nathan sliced them and put them in jars, Jordan poured the syrup mixture over them and gave them to Ashley to put lids on. (Actually this picture, they had already switched jobs) It worked out pretty good.
Jordan was so funny. He would pour the stuff in, the say "hello, delivery". It was really funny. Nathan and I were standing at the sink just busting up. These two talked the whole time, and are just so fun with eachother. I am so glad they get a long so well.
Ashley wanted to do everything. She is such a good helper.
We decided since we were already going to can peaches, to also make some salsa to can. So we let Ashley and Jordan use knives to cut up the tomatoes. I was a little nervous cause these are sharp knives, but I figure I have to let them try things as they get bigger. I have to relax a little bit....I know. They did great, and LOVED using the knives. I think it made them feel so big.
The finished product. Aren't they pretty!
5 comments:
WOW!!! Impressive. That's so fun you did it with your family. I bet Ashley and Jordan were in HEAVEN! Letting them use knives and everything..you go girl! Miss you!
Very impressive! I plan to can my peaches next year! Maybe we shoud get together to do it...since I have no idea what I am doing!!!
How fun to do it with A & J. They are so cute. What salsa recipe did you use? I want to can more stuff. We already ate all of our applesauce. ha. It was too good to let sit there.
You are such the homemaker!!! You will need to teach me how to can now. Looks like a girls weekend needs to be planned for your house!
Way to go Anj! I need lessons.
Post a Comment