Monday, January 26, 2009

Ashley's first game of hoops...


So Ashley had her first basketball game this last weekend. They are called the Cheetah's. The coach's wife got them all matching cheetah hairbands, which the girls were so excited about.
Her dad had to give her a little advice before going on the court. :)


She was chosen to do the jump ball. She was a little embarrassed, but did good.




She has also been excited about basketball because her best friend, Allison, is on her team. They love being together, and are so much alike. This was Ashley passing the ball into Allison.
It was a lot of fun, and Ashley loved playing. She even made a basket. On the way home, she said, "I always want to play basketball." Dad is proud. (So am I)

7 comments:

Kim said...

We wanted to sign Madi up for basketball, but she said she didn't want to yet...she said she loves to play at school, but isn't ready to be in a team yet...
Look like ashley had fun! Good job.

Kim said...

So Ash is just now starting B-Ball? Isn't J done? Anyhow...I am sure she is going to be great!! Nathan has always been good about playing B-ball with your kids (I think that's awesome!!).

Angela said...

That is so cute. I love watching my kids play sports. I'm sure she'll be great at basketball - she's got good genes!!

Abby said...

Oh that is so cool!!! I hope my kids will be more into sports than dancing and cheerleading. Sports are just cooler... but I guess I shouldn't be saying this to a past cheerleader! hahahaha!!! I remember my first b-ball games-- it is so fun!!! I miss playing. That's a cute team name too. I felt so cool whenever i made a basket. hehehe. What advice did Nathan give her- kick them in the shins?

Jennie said...

What great fun!!

Howells Fam said...

Go Ashley! I wish I knew how to play basketball!

Grandpa and Grandma Brothers said...

Your kids are getting so big. I really enjoy keeping up with the family.