We had our ward Christmas party this last weekend. My kids were just excited to see santa....but of course, as soon as he appeared, Cody was not too sure. He didn't want anything to do with him...except have his candy canes.
Before we left for the party, we had told them that it might not be the real santa, it might be one of his helpers, playing santa for him. (We never know what the santa is going to look like, so we thought we better play it safe). Jordan was so funny. He was so excited to talk with santa, but as soon as he was done, he came over to me and said, "mom, that's not really santa." I said, "how do you know?" Then he said, "because I can tell it's brother Stephenson." It was pretty funny....yes, if any of you know our ward, santa this year was Ryan Stephenson.
Ashley didn't care who it was. She was just excited to see him and get a candy cane.
5 comments:
I am the activity person for our ward. This week I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Cooking for 200 is nuts. Today we hung lights. I hope ours can be as great as yours :) Great pictures!
that is so funny. haha. i saw a picture of one of my friends blogs where their ward party had a santa claus that was wearing a cotton beard and mustache. it looked awful!!
Okay...Ryan makes a pretty sad looking santa...That is pretty funny! Do they have any kids?
Our ward didn't do santa this year...bummer...we are gonna have to find one somewhere in the next couple weeks!
LOL....the look on Jordan's face is priceless!!! Personality wise Ryan would make a great Santa, as far as looks go....he just doesn't have that Santa look. I am glad that they decided to have a Santa this year though. That makes it a lot more enjoyable for the kids. Our Christmas Party is Next Friday so we will see how good our Santa looks. I'll post pics.
OK, whose idea was it to have Ryan Stephenson be the Santa??? I think Brother Olsen would have been PERFECT! How funny. It was fun running in to you at the library the other day. I'm tempted for a second Twilight-night....I'll have Jentry keep you posted if we decide to go for it again!!! :)
Post a Comment